Traveling for the Holidays? Read This First!
It's no secret that travel can wreak havoc on your skin. If you're one of the millions planning a trip over the holidays, here are some tips to keep your skin healthy, blemish-free, and radiant throughout your travels.
• Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. Apply moisturizing serums, creams, and sunscreen before boarding your flight. Airplane travel can be especially dehydrating due to the low humidity, so remember to drink plenty of water and slather on the moisturizer throughout the flight.
• Ditch the makeup in flight. Consider going makeup free while traveling. If you prefer, use a super light tinted moisturizer or BB cream and a hydrating lip balm (instead of lipstick).
• Blot away the oil. For those with oily skin, flying can also increase the chance of a breakout. The dry air in the plane's cabin can rob your skin of moisture, in turn causing excess oil production to compensate for the dryness, leading to the dreaded post-flight breakout. Blot the skin to remove oil to keep the skin clear.
• Keep cleansing wipes close. If you feel your skin getting out of control mid-flight, quickly swipe a cleansing wipe across your face to remove makeup, oil, or bacteria from the skin. Be sure to reapply a moisturizer to lock in hydration.
• Pack the essentials. When traveling, it's best to keep your skin care routine simple. Pack your favorite cleanser, serum, moisturizer, SPF, and any other go-tos. When traveling, your skin is exposed to different environments than it's used to. Keeping your skin care to your tried and true products is the best way to keep your skin in check while you're away from home.
• Skip anything harsh. Leave behind any products that might dry your skin or cause irritation. You'll save some space in your bag, too!
• Jet lag? The best cure for jet lag is exercise! Squeeze in a run or hike, your skin will thank you, too!
Tip: Whether checking a bag or carrying on, pack all of your personal care products in Ziploc bags. In case something leaks, your clothes and shoes will be protected.
Put your best #FaceFirst with Nextcell.
Posted: December 8, 2016